August 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Ethan

Today, one year ago, sweet baby Ethan was born to my dearest friends, and taken away from us 7 short minutes later.

Today, one year ago, I peeked through the door of the room where Rachel, Mike and sweet Ethan were. I see the proud smiles of new parents as they hold their first born son.  I see sadness in their eyes as they gaze into his beautiful pouty face. I held that beautiful baby boy for just minutes, minutes I'll never forget.

Today, one year ago, with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes, I explained to my innocent 6 year-old daughter that Rachel and Mike weren't going to be bringing sweet Ethan home from the hospital, but he'd be waiting for us in Heaven when we got there.  And her looking up to me with her tear welled innocent eyes, "Mommy, I bet Rachel and Mike are real sad".

Happy Birthday, Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15