July 25, 2011

Pierogi Lasagna

This recipe is from my mother-in-law. . .

Pierogi Lasagna
12 lasagna noodles
8 medium potatoes
1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
8oz cottage cheese
1 large onion
1 stick butter
salt
pepper

saute' onion in 3/4 stick of butter.
boil lasagna noodles until tender, lay out on wax or parchment paper when finished to cool.
peel potatoes and quarter, boil until tender.
combine potatoes, cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 the saute'd onions, remainder of the butter, salt and pepper.
In 9x13 buttered pan, layer noodles and potatoes, ending with noodles.  Top with remaining onions and butter.
Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hr.

Note: I like to try to get only onion into the potato mixture, leaving more butter for the top - this will help your ending noodles stay tender and not crunchy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe! :) I'll have to try it sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15