July 11, 2011

its about time, i'd say. . .

I can't decide what kind of blogger I am. . .because essentially all my life is copied.  I copy recipes - most recently from Our Best Bites, my new favorite blog (you MUST check it out).  I copy my deals from others who have done the work first (too many to list).  And really, life is life - busy and expected.  We aren't an earth shattering family.  We are just working hard to raise our kids "in the discipline and instruction of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4), again "copying" the Bible.

So, it's been almost 2 months since I've posted.  Gonna do a quick overview of the elapsed time.

May 16 - Madison & I at the dentist - 2 appointments = 0 cavities

May 21 - date with hubby to some unmemorable mexican place, and the concert for Southern Gateway Chorus - saw 2010 International Quartet champs, Storm Front = hilarious, Chad made fun of me, said I laughed the loudest, and maybe I did. . .

May 29 - Noah's bday party - success
             - hooked my father in law on Mille Borne.

June 6 - Noah's bday = room unveil = success

June 11 - 14 - PA, we kept busy, surprised by Bret and Amy and kids, i was sick practically all weekend.

June 16 - daddy/daughter date night at our local Chic-Fil-A. . Chad was going to take Madison, however Noah was quite put out at the proposition, so we all just went to Skyline

June 19 - Father's Day - we fell in love with Apple Butter Pork Chops, try them

June 27 - 29 - Chicago - anniversary trip - super fun, walked our legs off -
Highlights, in no particular order:
-saw Chicago at night from the 96th floor of the John Hancock Building
-Chad mastered the subway and bus system
-went the Museum of Science and Industry, saw the Body Worlds exhibit
-saw the bean and the rest of Millennium Park
-Taste of Chicago and Buckingham Fountain (both in Grant Park)
-ate at Carmine's about 4 inches away from the most annoying 2 girls ever
-browsed in Tiffany's
-rode the ferris wheel at the Pier
-discovered Jamba Juice
-experienced the MegaBus for the first time, I'd say we'd do it again under the right circumstances
-added my 7th shirt to my Hard Rock Cafe collection
-tried Chicago Pizza at Giordano's - I wasn't a big fan, crust was too flaky
-toured the Magnificent Mile and the Theatre District

July 1 - Madison's bday party - success, Barnes and Noodle (aka Noble) gift card and all

July 2 - Lion King - PHENOMENAL, really, I have no other words

July 11 - 2011 Fam Pics - 100 degrees, previews up on my Facebook wall. . . I <3 them :)  THANK YOU SARAH!

I want to start posting my menu for the week on Friday, maybe it will help you in the upcoming week.  A lot of people have "Menu Monday" for the OBVIOUS poetic ring, but my menu starts on Friday's.  That's the day I do my grocery shopping, and usually, we have nailed down what we're doing over the weekend, and really the weekdays are usually the same week after week.

So, here is the Menu Friday (on Monday)
Friday:  homemade pizza
Saturday: grilled pork chops marinated in Lawry's Steak and Chop, corn and Bread Machine Rolls
Sunday: chicken with Philly's Savory Garlic Cooking Cream, carrots and the left over Bread Machine Rolls
Monday: Spicy Honey Chicken, party potatoes, probably more Bread Machine Rolls
Tuesday: Baked Chicken Bacon Alfredo with Guiltless Alfredo Sauce, corn, and Monday's leftover Bread Machine Rolls
Wednesday: Dressed-Up Sloppy Joes, potato chips and dip
Thursday: French Dip Sandwiches on these hoagie rolls, sweet potato fries

No comments:

Post a Comment

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15