April 25, 2011

what a day!

Today was fantastic!!

Took myself a little girl time. . .pedi and lunch with Rachel, then a massage (present from Chad).  So relaxing.  And I'm so ready for bed!!

I've been home a week.  And maybe have seen the inside of my house a total of 24 awake hours, ok - maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but not far off.  I certainly have not kept up with my schedule. . .but really, I have been keeping my head above water, at least not endless piles of laundry, my kitchen has stayed clean, my floors are vacuumed, and my toilets are shiny.  I have yet to dust  maybe tomorrow, after the oil change.  Maybe.  I hate, hate, hate to dust.

Started off the week successful since Monday is a no clean, no laundry day - and I did go to the grocery and I didn't need to clip coupons since there weren't any!

Next week, I'm going to start working with Noah on potty training. . .any helpful hints?  Afraid we're gonna need any help we can get for this cute stubborn boy!

1 comment:

  1. Does Noah seem ready to use the potty? If he doesn't, my advice (spoken from experience) is don't bother! However, if he seems ready, I think the trick is to take a couple days, hang out at home and let them be naked (at least from the waist down). Expectt accidents and to have to clean up messes. When he goes, if it's in the middle of the floor, set him on the potty and tell him "Nope, pee doesn't go in the floor, it goes in the potty" The thing with being bare bottomed is that he will become much more aware of it when he goes and it helps them make that connection of what it feels like to go and what happens without a diaper. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

    If he doesn't seem interested or catch on within a few days, I'd wait a bit longer and then try again. Potty training can be so stressful! For me it's three down, one to go and I can't wait to be DONE with diapers. I've yet to potty train a boy though. . .Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15